A poem for you, grandma
A tiny token
Of thanks
For everything.
“Everything?”
Yes, everything.
No sooner could I enumerate all you’ve done for me,
Than I could fill the Grand Canyon with quick sand.
A poem for you, grandma
A tiny token
Of thanks
For everything.
“Everything?”
Yes, everything.
My sage
My mentor
My conscience
My spine
A poem for you, grandma
A tiny token
Of thanks
For everything.
“Everything?”
Yes, everything.
For caring
For staying
For fighting
For trying
A poem for you, grandma
A tiny token
Of thanks
For everything.
“Everything?”
Yes, everything.
You gave me structure so that I could grow
You laid down a path for me
In the woods
That I could find my way home
My ventures into the wood were indeed deep
My guiding light
Piercing the gloom
I’ve taken that path home.
A poem for you, grandma
A tiny token
Of thanks
For everything.
“Everything?”
Yes, everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment